Synthetic Biology Future Science Platform PhD Scholarships
CSIRO invites applications for top-up PhD Scholarships in a number of priority topic areas for funding commencing in 2018. Australian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Top up PhD Scholarships are available to postgraduate students who have gained (or expect to gain), first class honours or equivalent in relevant research areas.
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) is Australia’s national science agency. At CSIRO we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Our research makes a difference to industry, people and the planet.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Proposed research projects from applicants applying for a Synthetic Biology FSP scholarship must align with one or more of the SynBioFSP’s Application Domains and one or more of the Science Domains.
Scholarship Award: Top-up scholarships valued at $7,000 per year, plus a generous operating budget of $10,000 per annum.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply you must have (or expect to gain):
- first class honours or equivalent in a relevant research area;
- admission to an Australian University as a PhD student;
- a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or university equivalent awarded on a competitive basis; and
- All International applicants must have the appropriate immigration approvals to allow them to take up the scholarship
You must also have:
- A project which aligns with one or more of the SynBioFSP’s Application Domains, and one or more of the Science Domains
- A CSIRO supervisor who is willing to co-supervise you
- A university supervisor who is willing and able to co-supervise you
Nationality: Australian citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
To apply, you must complete the Application Form AND the CV Form available at the end of this document. Please prepare one document which includes these two forms (and does not include any other components). After preparing this document please return to the advertisement and complete the following steps to apply:
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button to either create a Candidate Profile or to log into your current account. Enter your personal details and then click ‘Next’ to move to the application form
- complete the form and upload the one document you prepared as requested above in the field labelled ‘Resume and cover letter’
- complete the Preferences section by selecting your 1-2 preferred research areas (Application Domains) from the list below in the order of preference in the Preference 1 and Preference 2 fields (e.g. Synthetic Biology 1; Synthetic Biology2; etc); and
- Upload your academic results in the ‘Requested Information field.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is November 14, 2018.