South African Medical Association Research Masters Supplementary Scholarship 2018 for South African Students
The South African Medical Association (SAMA) is a trade union for doctors in South Africa. It is affiliated with the Congress of South African Trade Union
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue postgraduate research.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of medicine.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship will cover the following:
- The successful applicant will receive an award of R50 000 disbursed over two years.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The main selection criteria are the academic quality of the research proposal and the suitability of the project for the SA environment.
Nationality: South African applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
South African Scholarship
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
- Completed application form with a passport-size photograph attached.
- Typed copy of curriculum-vitae (max of 2 pages).
- The title of the project and short abstract of the research project (500 words) detailing the background, aims and objectives, research question and methods.
- Proof of registration with an academic institution.
- References from the supervisor of the applicant. The referee’s title and academic status should be clearly indicated in this (with official rubber-stamp). These should be confidential (in sealed envelopes) and should be recent-dated.
Application Deadline: Applications will only be received between August 1 and September 30 each year.