SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowships Grants and Financial Aid 2018 for Indian Researchers
The Science & Engineering Research Board is inviting applicants for its SERB-National Postdoctoral Fellowship. The fellowship is available for Indian Students.
The aim of the fellowship is to support motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering.
Science and Engineering Research Board is an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, established by an Act of the Parliament of India in 2009.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue the research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of research in frontier areas of science and engineering.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- Fellowship-Rs. 55,000/- per month (consolidated), Rs. 35,000/ p.m for candidates who have submitted the thesis but degree not yet awarded.
- Research Grant-Rs. 2,00,000/- per annum.
- Overheads-Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must have obtained PhD/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University. Those who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they qualify the eligible degree.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 35 years at the time of the submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
Nationality: Indian applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have PhD/M.D/M.S degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Applicants should first register on the online website.
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile, which includes Bio data, photo, Institute Address, etc.
- Details including Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters) should be provided online at the time of submission of the application.
- Work Methodology and Research plan have to be uploaded in single PDF file, not more than 3 pages (max 10 MB).
Application Deadline: Applications will be made during April and October months of every year.