SEAMEO BIOTROP PhD Scholarships and Analysis Grants in Asia
SEAMEO BIOTROP is now accepting analysis proposals for its PhD Thesis Grant Program and Joint Analysis Program for implementation in 2018 and 2019. The analysis theme for each Packages is Managing biodiversity of ecosystems for higher sustainability and resilience in Southeast Asia.
This 10th FYDP is billed “Forging Forward with Tropical Biology for Environmental and Societal Transformations in Southeast Asia” (Tropical BEST-SEA) and can proceed the identical imaginative and prescient that the Centre adopted throughout its ninth FYDP i.e., as “A Main Centre in selling and enhancing the actual worth of tropical biology in Southeast Asia.”
Course Stage: Grants can be found for pursuing analysis programme.
Research Topic: Analysis proposals to be submitted to SEAMEO BIOTROP ought to cowl any or a mixture of the Centre’s three new program thrusts below its 10th FYDP, particularly: (1) Restoration of degraded ecosystem; (2) Sustainable Administration of Intensively Used Ecosystems/Landscapes; and (three) Conservation and Sustainable Use of Distinctive Ecosystems/Landscapes of Excessive Biodiversity.
Scholarship Award: Every accepted analysis mission proposal shall obtain a grant as much as most of Rp 100,000,000 for the Joint Analysis Grant Program and Rp 50,000,000 for PhD Thesis Grants Program.
Scholarship might be taken in Southeast Asia
Eligibility: A PhD pupil may very well be eligible to use for the thesis grant if he/she may fulfill the next necessities:
- Have to be presently pursuing a PhD program in agriculture, forestry, pure useful resource administration, and associated sciences from any respected college in Indonesia.
- Will need to have already accomplished his/her coursework with an authorized thesis analysis proposal and is able to conduct the analysis.
- His/Her analysis matter should give attention to any of SEAMEO BIOTROP’s program thrusts (Please check with name for analysis proposals)
- A corollary to No. three, the applicant’s analysis matter should even have direct implications to the next cross-cutting developmental considerations:
Poverty alleviation, and
Local weather change adaptation and mitigation
Nationality: Residents of South-east Asian international locations are eligible to use.
Record of Nations: Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei and Timor
Faculty Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates will need to have earlier diploma.
English Language Requirement: The candidate ought to have an excellent command over English language.
Apply: Candidates are suggested to ship the whole set of utility paperwork to Dr. Jesus C. Fernandez by way of electronic mail.
- Along with the mission proposal, the next paperwork should even be submitted to BIOTROP:
Software Letter addressed to BIOTROP Director
Duly stuffed up utility type
Curriculum Vitae of all analysis mission crew members
Letter of Endorsement from the quick supervisor of the lead analysis mission proponent and in addition of the analysis accomplice from one other nation for the joint analysis grant program candidates
- The analysis lead proponent shall be below contract with SEAMEO BIOTROP inside 11-month interval damaged down as follows: 1 month for pre-implementation, eight months for throughout implementation and 1 month for post-implementation phases of the analysis mission. The contract specifies the proponent’s duties and obligations, together with these which were talked about above and different authorized and administrative procedures in the direction of making certain the completion of the analysis mission.
- Disbursement and use of analysis fund shall comply with DIPA rules from the Authorities of Indonesia.
- Apart from a completion report, the lead analysis proponent is predicted to submit a draft of an article on the analysis mission outcomes three months after its completion for publication in BIOTROP’s journal, BIOTROPIA. The journal has been listed by Scopus since 2012.
Software Deadline: The analysis proposal needs to be submitted not later than August 30, 2017.