Postdoctoral Research Fellowships and Grants 2018 for International Students at Riga Technical University in Latvia
Riga Technical University is seeking applicants for its Postdoctoral Research Fellowships programme. These fellowships are available for the applicants from all over the world.
The aim is to attract post-doctoral researchers that would contribute to the development of excellent research at RTU in accordance with the strategic goals of the university.
Riga Technical University (RTU) is the oldest technical university in the Baltics. It is Located in Riga, Latvia it was previously known as Riga Poly Technical Institute.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: The research project must contribute to the achievement of the Smart Specialization Strategy of Latvia; The research project must comply with the priority research areas of RTU: Energy and Environment; City and Development; Information and Communication; Transport; Materials, Processes and Technologies; Safety and Security.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the following:
- 133 806 EUR per project with a maximum salary of 2731 EUR per month (including taxes) and maximum unit costs of 800 EUR per month Maximum duration: 36 months Numbers of Scholarships:
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Latvia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must have a PhD acquired after 15 December 2012.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post or email.
- Fully filled-out scientific description of the project proposal – Research project proposal(in English);
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of the post-doctoral researcher using the sample form (in English);
- A copy of the diploma for the acquisition of a doctoral degree;
- A notice from the employer about a parental leave or temporary work disability (if applicable);
- A statement by the postdoctoral researcher that the post-doctorate has not received aid within the frame of the present Activity;
- A statement from the head of a relevant RTU structural unit that he/she agrees with the implementation of the post-doctoral research project;
- A letter of intent from a partner organization in Latvian and English signed by the representative of the partner institution with an authority to sign (if applicable);
- A statement from the potential scientific advisor about the cooperation with the postdoctoral researcher;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of the potential scientific advisor using the sample form (in English);
- A statement of one enterprise or a collegial body of enterprises on the significance of the proposed research in development of the research field or the enterprise in Latvian and English (if applicable)
- Email address: postdocs-at-rtu.lv
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 29, 2018.