DOST SEI Undergraduate Scholarships 2018 for Filipino Students
The Philippines’ Department of Science and Technology is now accepting the application for its undergraduate scholarships programme. These scholarships are open to Filipino applicants in the field of science and engineering.
The aim of the scholarships is to give support to poor and needy students.
The Philippines’ Department of Science and Technology is the executive department of the Philippine Government responsible for the coordination of science and technology-related projects in the Philippines and to formulate policies and projects in the fields of science and technology in support of national development.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for the undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Tuition and other school fees P10,000.00/semester
- Book Allowance P10,000.00/year P10,000.00/year
- MS/PE uniform (1st Semester of First Year only) P1,000.00 P1,000.00
- Group Insurance Premium Premium
- Transportation Allowance (for those studying outside of home province)
- Monthly Living Allowance
For BS Physics / Applied Physics / Physics Teaching /Geology / Mining Eng’g/ Agriculture / Fisheries
- Other DOST-SEI priority courses P5,000.00/mo.
- Summer Allowance (if required per curriculum)
Tuition and other school fees
- Book Allowance P500.00 (to submit O.R.) P500.00 (to submit O.R.)
- Monthly Allowance 2 months 2 months
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the Philippines
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class; or member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
- Natural-born Filipino citizen and resident of the municipality for the last 4 years as attested by the barangay chairman;
- With good moral character and in good health; and
- Qualifier of the 2018 S&T Scholarship Examination
Nationality: Filipino applicants can apply for the scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 25, 2017.