CSC Scholarship at Xi’an Jiaotong University
Master’s degree: 1～3 years,
Doctoral degree: 3～4 years.
Successful candidates may have one-year-long Chinese language study prior to the academic study if the teaching language is Chinese.
1. Free tuition fee;
2. Free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
3. Monthly living allowance:
Master’s degree students: CNY 3,000 yuan/month;
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 yuan/month;
4. Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.IV. Eligibility:
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports;
2. Applicants must be in good health;
3. Applicants for Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age,
Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age;
4. Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship.
5. Applicants for Chinese-medium program should have HSK 5 certificate and above.
Applicants for English-medium program should have IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 80 and above.
V. Program List:
VI. Application Documents:
All documentation must be complete, true, and correct in either Chinese or English.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
2. Xi’an Jiaotong University Application Form for International Students (automatically formed after online application at School of International Education’s application system).
3. Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners should be completed in English.(The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners.
The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
4. Non-criminal Record.
5. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school.
6. Academic transcripts: Applicants should submit the original transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period. Applicants’ GPA for medical programs should be no less than 80%. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
7. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
8. A Study Plan or Research Proposal: Applicants must submit a written study plan or research proposal in English or Chinese, with a minimum of 800 words for Master degree and 1500 words for Doctoral degree.
9. Notarized Copies of Research Achievements: Applicants can submit published research papers, award certificates or other documents to prove their achievement and ability in academic research if any.
10. Certificate of English/Chinese Proficiency Level: HSK, TOEFL, IELTS.
11. Photocopy of Passport.
12. Application fee: RMB800 (Non-refundable. Only accept bank transfer to our account. Account Information for CNY, Account Information for Foreign Currency. When paying for the application fee, please add your personal information in the format of “Application No. + Name + Passport No.”, you should provide us the bank receipt with information printed on it to complete your application.)
a) No Application documents mentioned above will be returned regardless of the application’s result.
b) Applicants with incomplete documents will be rejected.
c) Please provide scanned copies of documents 3-12 and upload to School of International Education’s online application system.
VII. Application Procedure:
1. Complete online application at CSC’s application system: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
Code of Xi’an Jiaotong University: 10698.
2. Submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print it. Please check Application Documents for the detailed checklist and prepare corresponding documents.
3. Register and complete university’s online application at http://xjtu.17gz.org and upload the scanned copy of all the required application documents.
4. Pay the application fee and upload the scanned copy of bank receipt to the School of International Education’s online application system.
5. Application complete.
NOTE: If English-medium master programs’ candidates fail to get Chinese Government Scholarship, they will be automatically considered as candidates of Xi’an Jiaotong University Scholarship. It is unnecessary to apply again for University scholarship.
VIII. Admission Notification:
1. Candidates will be selected by ranking and online interview. Successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW201 form (Visa form), health examination form and Guide to the University form. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants before 31 July.
2. Students are usually required to report at the Students’ Affairs office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of the new session). Failure to do so within two weeks of the start of the new term will result in the admission notice becoming invalid.
IX. Contact Information:
Admission Office for International StudentsSchool of International Education, Xi’an Jiaotong University
No.28, Xianning West Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, 710049, P.R. China
International Student Affairs Office, Yanta Campus
School of International Education, Xi’an Jiaotong University
No.76 Yanta West Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, 710061, P.R.China