African Psychological Well being Analysis Initiative MPhil and PhD Fellowships at University of Cape City in South Africa
AMARI (African Psychological Well being Analysis Initiative) is delighted to supply it AMARI MPhil and PhD fellowships. These fellowships are awarded within the area of Public Psychological Well being.
This yr, AMARI is providing assist for a Malawian candidate for an MPhil fellowship in Public Psychological Well being on the Centre for Public Psychological Well being, within the Division of Psychiatry & Psychological Well being on the University of Cape City (UCT).
The intention of those fellowships is to equip researchers to guide high-quality psychological well being analysis programmes that meet the wants of their international locations.
The University of Cape City (UCT) is a public analysis college situated in Cape City within the Western Cape province of South Africa. It’s collectively the oldest college in South Africa and the oldest extant college in Sub-Saharan Africa alongside Stellenbosch
Course Degree: Fellowships can be found to pursue MPhil and PhD programme.
Examine Topic: Fellowships are awarded within the area of Public Psychological Well being.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cowl the next:
- The worth of the PhD fellowship is R300 000 per yr and consists of funding to hold out the supposed analysis. Though the tenure of the fellowships are for three years, passable educational progress have to be proof for continued registration.
- The MPhil fellowship cowl all the tutoring, journey and lodging charges associated to the programme.
Scholarship might be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility: To be eligible college students should:
PhD candidates require a previous grasp’s diploma in a foundational self-discipline related to public psychological well being (e.g. psychology, public well being).
- Candidates ought to have sturdy interpersonal abilities, and be capable to work in a collaborative trend as a part of a multidisciplinary staff. Fellows might want to relocate to Cape City throughout the programme.
MPhil candidates require an Honours diploma or post-graduate diploma in Public Psychological
Well being or a cognate self-discipline, on NQF degree eight. As well as, candidates ought to:
- Have expertise of working in a psychological well being, well being or improvement associated area for no less than three years.
- Be employed inside a managerial or management function, or have the capability for such a job.
- Present proof of enough English language and writing proficiency for postgraduate educational research.
- Be a citizen or everlasting resident of South Africa, Ethiopia, Malawi, or Zimbabwe efficiently achieve entry to the MPhil in Public Psychological Well being.
- Undertake a analysis venture that’s aligned with the aim of AMARI.
Nationality: Candidates of South Africa, Ethiopia, Malawi, or Zimbabwe are eligible to use.
School Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: PhD candidates should have a previous grasp’s diploma in a foundational self-discipline related to public psychological well being. Mphil candidates should have an Honours diploma or post-graduate diploma in Public Psychological Well being or a cognate self-discipline, on NQF degree eight.
Check Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Candidates whose first language just isn’t English are often required to offer proof of proficiency in English on the greater degree required by the University.
South Africa scholarship
How one can Apply: Candidates can apply by way of e-mail:
- Admission to the programme is extremely aggressive and is predicated totally on educational benefit and potential to contribute to psychological well being improvement in under-served areas in Africa. A rigorous choice course of can be engaged in to establish the candidates who’re probably to efficiently full the diploma throughout the prescribed interval. Along with the written utility, short-listed candidates could also be requested to attend a teleconference interview.
- The appliance kinds are detailed in order that we’ve got as a lot related info attainable to allow us to pick essentially the most appropriate candidates. When you’ve got any questions concerning the utility type or course of, please contact Ms. Songelwa Mobo (Songelwa.mobo-at-uct.ac.za). The finished utility kinds, along with all of the required supporting paperwork, have to be submitted electronically as a PDF file to Songelwa Mobo on or earlier than the deadline under.
Utility Deadline: Utility deadline of MPhil programme is September 1, 2017, and PhD programme is September15, 2017.